Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The End of an Era

Well, not to be too dramatic, but the end of an era is near. We are finishing first grade and going on to bigger and better things. Looking back over the past couple of years, I can definitely see that we have quite the funny style of schooling. We have lessons sorted out to go through (ish), and we give it our best shot. We don't "do school" every day, and I am often amazed at how much Nevaeh teaches herself at such an early age. When we began homeschooling, one of my main goals was to teach the love of learning so that she can become an independent learner with me by her side to help and guide her. My main motivation for this was the fact that my knowledge has a limit. There is also a lot of pressure on being someone's sole source for education and growth. Teaching her to make the most of everything around her, to have an inquiring mind, and to ask a lot of questions has already started to pay off. I am enjoying watching her grow and learn, as well as her baby brothers. This homeschooling thing might just work out better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment