Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Take advantage of free stuff

It's that time of year again. Everyone is in a buzz trying to work out curriculum for the next year. I thought this would be a great chance for me to plug one of my favorite FREE resources.

 www.education.com

I'm not much of a "busy work" teacher. I teach, my kids do enough work to learn and they practice the skill long enough to master it. I try not to hand out worksheets to the point that they exhaust a subject. But I really do find sometimes worksheets are very necessary to practice and master new skills.

Education.com makes it easy to access worksheets easily so that I do not waste my day looking for work online for my kids. At the top of the page you can click on "worksheets" and refine your search by subject and grade. If you like their stuff, there is an option to buy workbooks and stuff, but I tend to get by on just the free stuff. I love that it is such a fast and easy resource during weeks like this week. My daughter Nevy (8 yrs) is working on multiplication and division and simply needs some extra work. I was able to go in and find some supplemental worksheets in 2 minutes. No messing around. I love it. Not to mention, this website has the cutest graphics! I just love it.

My favorite worksheet that we are using today is a writing prompt, "Who is your favorite fictional character?"
http://www.education.com/files/481001_482000/481394/your-favorite-character-worksheet.pdf

 Homeschooling can be so expensive. I really love getting a break when I can. I also love things that engage my kids and keep them interested in learning and their assignments. The graphics from these worksheets are super cute and the kids seem to really enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment